Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: 29th April 2021
What is Expert Digital Products?
In the role of Expert Digital Products, you will be tasked to build products in lieu with our overall Digital Strategy. This primarily includes modernizing the way we build tech, work like a startup and scale digitally to millions of users. The role specifically revolves around technology product management for content platforms with Linear TV, Video-on-Demand and Audio capabilities, keeping in mind latest social media, content and communication trends.
The role reports directly to the Head of Digital Products & Solutions with an extended team of 16 team members
What does Expert Digital Products Do?
- Understand the overall strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Manage end-to-end Technical Product lifecycle from ideation to roll out. Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative digital products for Telco, VoD/Live/Audio stream, Instant Messaging, and AI/ML
- Select correct design concepts, and fundamental technologies for new products, or improvement to existing products
- Plan and formulate aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and resource requirements
- Ensure timely delivery of projects in collaboration with support functions and cross-functional teams
- Supplement the product go-to-market plans, by implementing smarter solutions at a rapid pace
- Be aware of telco offerings and services, and should understand the needs of a telco/digital user to build tailored solutions
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product specifications to enhance user satisfaction
- Define, analyse, and track metrics that inform the success of the products, and maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Work collaboratively with the VEON group and internal stakeholders, assisting and troubleshooting to ensure that products are competitive and marketable
- Work with 3rd party solution providers, and development services providers to supplement the product roadmap
- Drive agile engineering teams to deliver high quality products
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Identify issues and any barriers within current working practices that might impact product delivery across the company
- Present product vision and technology roadmaps to the C-suite, and key stakeholder leadership.
- Implement and manage Jira for product tracking
- Set up a user-testing pipeline for seamless product testing
- Train and educate the team and wider organization in Agile product development methodologies
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Expert Digital Products?
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in the technology and engineering management domain.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, AI/ML, or related disciplines. Having an MBA is a plus.
- Prior experience in developing and managing large scale (2M+ users) digital products, technologies and platforms – Mobile (iOS, Android), Web, Cloud Native stacks, API integrations and deployments via Agile practices
- Has previously led a team of either software engineers or technical product managers, with hands on experience in cost assessment and budget/resource allocation
- Experience in media streaming stacks, messaging protocols, AI/ML to develop a contextual product experience
- Has implemented CI/CD pipelines and managed DevOps teams
- Experience in HTML5, Objective C, C#, Java, Android SDK Developer Toolkit, Xcode, Swift.
- Product Management exposure – Agile, Scrum, Jira, Confluence
- Has managed digital Analytics – Firebase, MixPanel, Google Analytics, Clevertap
- Exposure to Cloud architecture – Dockers, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS, etc.
- Has managed databases – MySQL, MariaDB, Cassandra
- AI/ML – Python, Tensor Flow
- API’s – Web Services & Integrations Experience
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus / TIBCO / WSO2 will be a plus.
- Knowledge of IP and Networks will be a plus.
- Technology documentation writing know how– RFQ/RFP documentation, solution documents
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 68 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.