The role of Site Operations Management is to lead and coordinate the operations of the site in order to deliver seamless operations for Expo 2020.
The purpose of the Venue Operations Manager (VOM) – Al Wasl is to lead on the smooth operational alignment of all activities in Al Wasl Plaza. This role will be a critical leadership position and will be expected to work with a number of internal business functions, departments and external partners to ensure the delivery of an exceptional Expo2020.The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage venue teams in ensuring all operations are integrated and striving for excellence in delivering seamless operations;
- Work alongside and support the Venue Owner (Ceremonies and Daily Productions) to ensure the guest experience is at the forefront of all venue planning and delivery;
- In the Pre-Operational Phase, the VOM – Al Wasl will be responsible for supporting the following key priority areas which include but are not limited to;
- Developing and Integrating operating plans and associated documentation for the future management of a Venue and subsequent spaces within;
- Leading Venue stakeholder coordination and integrated event delivery ensuring integration with the Zone Operations Centre’s (ZOC) and Main Operations Centre (MOC);
- Ensure seamless operations throughout the venue by leading cross-functional operational delivery over the 6-month event period;
- Support with the recruitment, training, development and performance management of staff operating within Venue.
6+ years’ experience in a senior role working on a previous major event program or leisure attraction with specific experience related to Site Operations Management and putting the Guest Experience at the heart of decision making and service design, as well as:
- A Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field;
- Program or project manager experience supporting large complex projects;
- Knowledge across all key event operational functions, understanding the Venue Operations dependencies with the other operational departments;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural organisation, GCC region desirable;
- Experience in building teams and enhancing/developing them ready for operations;
- Designing service levels against predefined services, and planning transition to operations.