Full Job Description
Overview:Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets where our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable differentiator, engineering high-specification materials, components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical problems.
The Electrical Carbon Business of Morgan Advanced Materials designs and manufactures a broad range of high performance solutions for rotary transfer systems, linear transfer systems and electrical carbon systems.
Group Key Figures: Revenue £1b, ~9,000 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
Responsibilities:National Electrical Carbon Products, Inc. is a Morgan Advanced Materials manufacturing company in East Stroudsburg, PA. Our purpose is to use advanced materials to help make more efficient use of the world’s resources and to improve the quality of life.
Major Responsibilities:Working 2nd or 3rd shift, performs a variety of duties to select carbon mixes, dies, press pressure, and speeds to produce various sizes of M/G, E/G, & R/B blocks.
- Set up and run bake ovens
- Pack and unpack, load and unload bake ovens
- Process core and chunk material
- Follow all plant safety rules and understand that working safely is a condition of employment
- Maintain a clean work area and follow principles of 5S
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent certificateAdditional Requirements:
Must be able to work as a team player to help everyone succeed
- Must be safety-conscious
- Must manage time wisely, maintain good attendance
- Must adhere to all Company policies (safety, attendance, behavioral, etc.)
- Ability to work under demanding time and constraints, including the ability to meet scheduling requirements
- Must have basic writing, reading and math skills sufficient to accurately measure, record, and process work
- Must be a Citizen of the United States, or Permanent resident alien of the Unites States, or Protected individual as defined by U.S.C 1324b(a)(3) (22 CFR § 120.15.)
- This position requires use of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
Must be capable of standing and bending for 8 to 10 hours a day
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds using proper Company provided lift equipment and proper lifting techniques
- Must have the physical strength and stamina to lift and move goods repeatedly
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
- Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel material
- Constant use of hand/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel or handle and manipulate parts and tools
- Constant requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distant vision, depth perception
- Constantly wear eye, foot and hearing protection
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
This job description does not state or imply that all duties to be performed are specifically identified above. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested or instructed by an authorized person of the Company.
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer